Latest City News
John W. Cooke, II, was recently honored for his service as a City Commissioner for over 28 years. He received a proclamation and a key to the city from Mayor Lynn Vincent for his dedicated service to the City of Carthage. He is pictured with his wife, Walta Pippen Cooke, who was recently elected to fill his position upon his retirement from the City Commission beginning May 8, 2017.
Water Department Information
· Water bills are mailed the last working day of the month with payments due on the 10th of each month.
· If 10th falls on the weekend, customers are given until next business day to make payment
· Methods of payment:
-- Mail payment with water bill receipt or put account # on check. We go by date received, not postmarked date.
-- Lobby hours – 8:15am – 4:45pm (cash, check or debit/credit card) 4% chg added to credit card pmts.
-- Drive thru service – 8:15am – 4:45pm; Night deposit – on side of building by drive-thru
-- Automatic bank draft – complete form in water dept. and include cancelled check
-- Pay online – www.carthagetexas.com (“Pay Your Water Bill” link at top of page)
-- We can send water bills by email if an email address is provided by customer
· A 10% penalty is assessed to all bills not paid in full by the end of business day on the 10th.
· On the 20th of the month, a $100 fee is assessed to all unpaid bills and water will be cut off on the next business day. If 20th falls on the weekend or holiday, customers are given until next business day to make payment.
· Garbage service is Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday. All garbage must be bagged and by curb at 7:30am to guarantee pickup. (City of Carthage sells heavy duty trash bags for $7 per 50 ct. bag at the Police Station, 321 W. Panola, 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day.)
Steve Williams, new City Manager for the City of Carthage
Steve is a graduate of Carthage High School and earned a degree in accounting from Texas A&M University in 1984. He is a CPA and was previously the Vice President of Fiscal Services at Panola College. He has been a Volunteer Fireman with the Carthage Fire Department for over 20 years and serves as an officer. He is a member of the Texas Emergency Services Retirement System Board, the Carthage Noon Lions Club, and the First Baptist Church. He and his wife Rhonda have 3 children and 7 grandchildren.
Carthage pulls out another win! 4 years in a row!
Carthage - 190 units
Marshall - 139 units
Henderson - 45 units
Carthage: 185 units
Marshall: 147 units
Henderson: 87 units
The losing Sheriffs from Harrison and Rusk Counties came to Carthage, put on a Panola County prisoner's suit and washed Sheriff Lake's vehicle. Let's make sure they have to do it again next year!
For your convenience, the City of Carthage offers
online payments for your water bill!
Water Department Hours: 8:15am - 4:45pm
The Transfer Station - 1540 NE Loop
Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat - 7:30am-4:00pm
Wed - 7:30am-12noon
City residents are asked to provide current contact information, whether it be a regular home phone or a cell phone, by selecting the "Report a Problem" link at the top of the page. In the "Please select" field, choose "Update Contact Information," then provide your current phone number. This information is needed so City Officials can contact residents about schedule changes or an emergency situation that might arise. All numbers are kept confidential and used for no other purpose than to relay information to residents.