Built in 2019, this trail was made possible by a generous donation from the Charles C. Matthews Foundation and a grant from Texas Parks and Wildlife.
The trail provides a relaxing experience through mature oaks and pine trees of East Texas while offering the opportunity to view various wildlife.
The park is located on Ballpark Drive on the southwest loop in the City Municipal Park.
The trail is owned and maintained by the City of Carthage.
- Show courtesy to other trail users at all times
- No motorized vehicles
- Keep dogs on leash and remove pet feces from trail; dog waste bags are available at trail head
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades – ride at a safe speed and yield to pedestrians
- No alcohol or glass containers
- No smoking or vaping
- Help keep our trail clean - place all trash in receptacles provided
- Park closes at dark