Connect to Utilities:
Post Office
       109 W. Wellington, Carthage, TX
       Hours of Service:  8:30 - 4:00

Public Library
       Sammy Brown Library
       319 S. Market, Carthage, TX
       Hours of Service:  Monday - Friday  9:00 AM - 6:00 PM;
                                 Saturday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Local Media
       The Panola Watchman
       109 W. Panola, Carthage, TX

       Panola Crossroads Magazine
       1501 W. Panola

Radio Station
       KGAS Radio
       200 W. Wellington, Carthage, TX

Health Care
       East Texas Medical Center
       409 Cottage Rd, Carthage, TX

Auto Registration
       110 S. Sycamore, County Courthouse, Room 128
       Hours of Service:  8:00 AM - 4:30 PM

Voter Registration & Elections
       Panola County College Street Annex
       522 W. College
       Hours of Service:  8:00 AM - 4:30 PM

Property & Real Estate Taxes
       110 S. Sycamore, County Courthouse, Room 211
       Hours of Service:  8:00 AM - 4:30 PM

Trash Collection
        Hours and Collection

Emergency Numbers - 911
       Police - 903.693.3866
       Fire - 903.693.5282
       Animal Control - 903.693.3866

East Texas Rural Transit  
 The East Texas Council of Governments provides transportation to the rural areas of our region for any purpose including doctor appointments, work, shopping, or just visiting with family and friends.  To arrange for the bus to come to your house, you need to call 24 hours in advance to arrange for a ride. Call 800.590.3371.

School Registration
Carthage has 5 campuses ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade. The Primary Campus houses pre-K, kindergarten and 1st grade; the Libby Campus houses 2nd & 3rd grades; Baker-Koonce houses 4th - 6th grades; the Junior High Campus houses 7th & 8th grades; the High School includes grades 9 - 12.  Check out each campus at the CISD website or contact the district’s Administrative Offices at 903.693.3806. If you are the parent of a student, you will need to provide immunization records and a withdrawal sheet from the previous school. Kindergarten and 1st grade students need to have a copy of their birth certificate and a social security number. Parents need to provide some form of proof of residency, which can be recent utility bills, a rental or lease agreement or closing papers from a real estate purchase.  Other schools in the county may be located here.